Saturday, July 28, 2012

I forgot one!-July 28, 2012

We took over 125 pictures yesterday on our journey up and down Going-up-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier National Park. I hope that explains why yesterday's blog was in three parts. I was not sure that blogspot would let me put all of those pictures in one single blog. After going through all of our pictures we carefully picked out the ones that appeared not to be too similar. There was one incredible picture that we had selected but I left it off the blog. What you will see below is a gigantic piece of frozen snow, not truly solid ice. Therefore I don't think it is part of a glacier, but what do I know? Anyway, due to heat or that terrible rain they had last week, this monstrous chunk of dense and hard snow slid down from the top of the mountain. It was still almost in one huge piece. Thankfully it did not block the road or cause any damage. This thing could have easily taken several cars with it had it continued across the roadway.

Look closely in between the two orange traffic cones and see something in two shades of blue? That's a person standing there trying to dig out a chunk of snow, as if you can take it home with you. Anyway, note the size of the person, an adult. Now look again at the size of the piece of snow. It is probably about the size of New Jersey!! I am being silly. I don't know how big New Jersey is. But I can tell you this was a jawdropping sight.
Today is another beautiful day, nice sun and cool air, only 77°. Fabulous.
Tomorrow is our day off. I hope you have a restful Sunday, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment