Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Bagels-February 18, 2015

For a very long time I have had a bee in my bonnet to make bagels. I love to bake bread and will try anything once. Today I decided I was going to bake some bagels and forget anything else that needed to be done. It has taken me a long time to find a recipe that was easy to do in a home kitchen. I found it by accident in a 1980 Southern Living cookbook.


And here they are.
 
If I make these again I will change the recipe to make them smaller. I did not dare change the recipe today because I didn't know how it would affect the end result.
 
I can add a couple more comments. They taste fine. The texture is good. However, for as much work as these were and as cheap as they are in the grocery store, I do not anticipate making these again. At least I can cross this off my bucket list.
 
I'm tired! I'll stick with homemade English muffins. They are easy and absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment