Thursday, April 9, 2015

Vestas-April 9, 2015

Those of you who have been following this blog for the last four years know that I promised this would never become a political blog. I would love to do a political blog, but not on this one. Anyway, this is bugging me so I just have to say it. Therefore you are warned that I am about to say something political but promise to be nice.
 
Just a few miles from us is a company called Vestas. It is a Danish based company located in Windsor manufacturing blades for wind turbines. It appears they make both the large ones and the small ones. It doesn't really matter. When the company announced they were coming to Windsor and would be hiring lots of local people everybody was excited. Kodak had closed and demolished their enormous facility here and jobs were needed.
 
After a very short length of time Vestas was out of money. The problem with that is that the money to build the facility was given to them by the Federal Government to begin with. So actually it was taxpayer money. They still went under. So they asked for more money and it was denied. They threatened to leave and suddenly there was another huge dump of cash. They are currently up and running and it appears a large number of people work there based on the number of cars in the fenced parking lot. They had a job fair about 3 weeks ago and hired another 400 people starting at $16,00 an hour for production jobs.
 
Not too long ago they signed a contract with China for millions of dollars. Truth be told we give money to China so they can loan it back to us. Taxpayer money, right? Now they (China) are going to spend millions on Vestas turbine blades. They normally make their own. I smell something fishy in Denmark. So our money is being given to Vestas and our money is given to China. It comes back to the US in loans but is never returned to us, the taxpayers.
 
Now I ask: aren't we really the owners of those blades? I also wonder if there is really any money changing hands or is it all on paper? Fiat money? I'm not asking for any replies or comments. I am just so disgusted I had to express myself.
 
 
Most of the blades leave on semi trucks. But on this day there were
hundreds on rail cars for as far as the eye could see. The next day
there were all gone so they went somewhere.
 
 
You can see it takes several rail cars to hold one of these blades.
I am certain these are the 150 foot blades. Every blade gets shrink
wrapped before it leaves. I would love to see how that's done.
 
I have an urge to run out there and spray paint "These are mine!" on the sides of these blades. I also want to know where these were sent. No wind farm anywhere in this country is making a profit. But they are ALL propped up by the government i.e., by you and me. Doesn't it make you feel good? And no wind farm is actually green power. That's another blog post because it is so involved. Just take my word for it, please.
 
So sorry I simply had to share this with you. Our taxpayer dollars at work. I will refrain from any political comment again in the future. Or at least I will try.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment