Sunday, April 24, 2016

Life Goes On-April 24, 2016

In loving memory of my wonderful Mother.
We will all be closer and stay in touch more often because that is what she would want us to do.
 
I wrote this and had the preacher read it at Mother's service. It won't mean anything to you, but by stating this publicly I am promising to keep my word.
 
To my sweet Mother,
There’s so much I could say but I believe we did our best to say it all before you left us.  
However, I would like to make a few statements.
 First, I pledge to take your advice regarding grandchildren and babysitting.  You said, “Now listen to your Mother, Cheryl” and I did.
Secondly, I hope you understood how grateful I am that you taught me how to sew my own clothes.
You and I discussed how much I appreciated hearing you play pretty music almost my entire life and what it meant to me. I will never delete the video of you playing the piano that I took last November. It is a treasure to me.
I definitely appreciate you teaching me to cook but regret never having learned your secret recipe for chocolate pudding and pie.
I will endeavor to keep Daddy’s pledge about the refrigerator.
Most of all, I want you to know that I am happy you set such a wonderful example of being a genteel Southern lady.  I hope some of it rubbed off on me.
I love you, Mama and will miss you terribly. I will always respect and honor your memory.
And by the way, I will promise to vote as you and I discussed so many times.
Love,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment