Friday, September 30, 2016

Batman-September 30, 2016

The fun part of cleaning out a storage unit is all the fun things you find that you had forgotten. We found Derrick's Batman costume from many years ago. Hannah and Zoey were here and they delighted in seeing it. Hannah had to try it on.

It's a wee bit large but she loved it nonetheless.
 
That is the original Batman mask made for the first Batman movie. It was made by a company in Greeley. They are no longer here. I suspect they moved to Los Angeles to be near the movie industry. They had been awarded the contract to make all the masks for that movie. They did not sell to the public, but they sold to me because I called them every day and tried to be persuasive. Finally they relented. And that puppy cost me $50 way back then. But oh my goodness was it worth every penny. It is still in excellent shape and should last for many more years. I bought the gloves also but made the cape. The biggest difference in what Michael Keaton wore and this one is that his mask was molded into his body suit. Otherwise it is the same. I consider this to be one of the fun treasures of my lifetime. I have lots of categories for treasures and this one falls under "fun"!
 
We hope to take the girls Halloween costume shopping tomorrow. If we don't find the perfect ones I will be sewing them. Both seem to want to be cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment