Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Greeley Griswalds-December 25, 2018

On the television show "Great Christmas Light Fight" a house here in Greeley lost the $50,000 prize to a house in a tiny town in Alabama. Go Bama! Anyway, we went last night to look at it. It is not the best display we have ever seen. I think my brother holds that honor. Another story for another time. I will say the airplanes coming into the Birmingham airport tipped their wings so passengers could see his house. It was that good. The house here in Greeley is called the Greeley Griswalds. To me it was just clutter. I have forgotten how many lights this house has in the yard. No doubt the power company loves this time of year at this house. I took a few pictures that may or may not make sense.

 
 
 
You can see there is no rhyme or reason to this display. However, hundreds and hundreds of
local residents have enjoyed this sight. It is colorful and bright and Christmasy (is that a word?).
Drivers were polite last night. But I guess Sunday night became hectic and the police were called
to direct traffic.
 
When you get down to it, Christmas lights do make you smile no matter what mood you are in. They are a great part of the season. And it is very unselfish of this family to put this display up year after year for others to enjoy. No doubt it is very exhausting work.
 
I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas. We are recovering.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment