Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Deadwood-January 16, 2019

This afternoon we returned from a fabulous trip to Deadwood, South Dakota. I still have a few pictures left to move from my phone so I will just post a couple right now. And I will tell all about our trip in a few days.

Right on the main street in Deadwood is a very nice man who does wood carvings all year round, no matter what the weather. He is a hearty soul. I know a lot of people around the country do these carvings but there is one I have never seen before.

This little guy is not unique, but he surely is cute.
He didn't have prices on anything but instead posted
a sign that said "Prices negotiable".
 
From a distance I thought this was a dragon, a gigantic dragon.
It is actually a motorcycle. I should have asked the dimensions on
this unique statue. There are handle bars, huge wheels and a nice
seat which was black like leather. I should have asked how many
hours he had in that piece of work. And he ships for only $2 a pound!
 
It was not too terribly cold this trip but that didn't mean we did not see lots of snow. I'll get those pictures posted as soon as I can.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment