Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mystery Meat-September 9, 2012

Yesterday, in Cheyenne, we stopped at a King Soopers grocery store to shop for a few meals. While we enjoy eating out we know it is much healthier to eat at home. We were browsing through the fresh meat when I noticed that the labels on the packages had "Mexico-Canada-United States" stamped on them. I asked the butcher on duty what exactly did that mean? I know full well that all food must be labeled with the place of origin per federal law. He told me that they have no way of knowing where the meat actually comes from so they cover their bases by putting all three countries on the label. I did not find that appetizing at all. I guess beef is beef? So I asked him if he eats it? He said we have all been eating it for all our lives. This discussion was not making me feel good. He did not, however, say he ate it. I don't want to eat it either. Becoming a vegetarian is beginning to sound very appealing. I also discovered about two weeks ago that the toothpaste I have used for at least 20 years is now made in Mexico. Ugh. I thought I would start your day with good healthy consumer information. Now, have a very blessed and wonderful Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment