Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wellington, KS-September 26, 2012

We know one thing for sure. If they ever quit selling corn seed, Nebraska will dry up and blow away! We have never seen that much corn in our lives. For a reason I cannot begin to explain, as we drove from Nebraska to Kansas, we had a very rare opportunity to look down on a thunderstorm that was south and east of where we were traveling. I can't even adequately describe it to you. I have no doubt we will never see that sight again. We were not on a mountain. We were in flat Kansas. But there it was. We watched two huge columns rise out of the middle and dissapate. There were some severe thunderstorms in that area tonight. It is difficult to take pictures through a bug covered windshield traveling 65 mph down the highway, but I did my best.


Look carefully. It's not the smooth clouds at top. Look just above the trees
and follow that lumpy stuff that looks like a snow capped mountain.
That's a thunderhead. Over to the right side the columns were building.
 
 
The low clouds were the trailing end of the thunderhead. Just
the low ones just above the horizon.
 
I am so sorry I don't have a wonderfully professional camera so you could see this rare sight the way we did. We were happy to go past it! Oklahoma tomorrow. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment