Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Barbecue in Lockhart-January 2, 2013

Where did 2012 go?

We went to Lockhart for barbecue today. There are four unique barbecue "joints" in that city. We chose Black's based solely on the number of cars parked out front, both local and out of state cars. It was definitely worth our time. What fabulous food. I had turkey as barbecue in Texas is beef, not pork and I'm not a big beef eater. I have never had such delicious turkey. My dessert looked odd. At first I thought it was pecan praline bread pudding. Then I realized it was closer to a pecan praline cobbler. Gracious me, it was out of this world. I could not begin to put away all of my serving so Jerry helped me eat it. Poor baby, I forced him to eat that incredible dessert! He did not complain.


They work really hard in Texas! Can you tell?

After lunch we drove around a bit and found the county courthouse. A picture does not do this building justice. It is so pretty with what appears to be flawless stone work. This is one of those old cities that has a courthouse square in the center of town and the traffic flows around it.



Outstanding building. Caldwell County courthouse in Lockhart, Texas
 
It is nasty and cold outside today. We prefer for it to be a little warmer, but it is what it is. Arizona is looking better every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment