Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Interesting stuff-September 25, 2013

 
The nights have been dropping into the 40s so we feel like winter is on the way. Daytime is in the 70s which we love. We have had to move the pomegranate tree into the garage at night. We got another ton of rain on Sunday and Monday. It is supposed to rain again this weekend. We might have to get a wrecker to pull us out of here.
 
Since this is a travel blog I generally keep personal information as brief as possible. But what I am about to share is really interesting. Derrick and two of his cohorts are working in the boonies in Wyoming this week. They are installing a wireless network for a gigantic mining company. Forgot the name and it really isn't important. What is so interesting is what they mine there. Soda ash known  by its name brand, Trona. Soda ash is what Tide and all other laundry detergents are made of. It is my understanding this is the largest such operation in the country. Derrick said it covers a huge amount of miles and miles. The following picture was taken day before yesterday. The main complex of the entire operation is in the background. This equipment is being installed on the top of mine shaft # 7. I did not ask how far in the air they are because I really didn't want to know.
 
That little white dish looking thing weighs 200 pounds. They will be installing three of them. That is stating simply a very complex and involved job.
 
Perhaps you know about soda ash but I had never even heard of it. So, I am sharing some of what I learned this week.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment