Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mountains-August 20, 2014

We had our annual doctor appointments this morning. (We're good for another year, thankfully). Then we made a side trip to Ault for krautburgers. We had to wait 15 minutes for them to finish cooking. That's about as fresh as you can buy. Then I dropped Jerry at the coach to get some repair tasks done. I headed west to visit Ed and Mary K in Loveland. As I was driving toward Loveland I noticed that the Rockies were unusually magnificent today. Some days they are just mountains. Some days they are huge piles of rock. But every once in a while it is clear just how majestic they really are. Today was one of those days.

I do not talk on my cell phone while driving, but I do put the camera in
the window and take pictures. I wish this picture had turned out
as pretty as they really were. Very, very nice.
 
Looks like you could just drive straight into the mountains.
Not possible, however. The clouds had covered the tallest mountain peaks.
 
We will have Hannah for the next three days, so I may not have time to post to this blog as much as I would like. I know you understand.
 
Thanks, Mary K, for the delicious peanut butter cookies. And I really thank you for sharing that recipe!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment