Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Disappointment-March 25, 2015

I'm not sure why, but for some reason we looked at the Easter candy we bought for Hannah's basket. It was made in Mexico. I am talking about major US name brands such as Reese's peanut butter cups, Starburst jelly beans, M&Ms, etc. The only ones not made in Mexico are Lindt which are made in Germany. What a disappointment. I discovered years ago that my toothpaste and lipstick were both made in Mexico. Now our candy. I grabbed my shampoo. It is still made in the US, but I bet not for long. I don't know about you, but I really don't want my candy to be made in Mexico.

We have been very conscious of the toys we have bought for Hannah and a few for Zoey. We found a company that makes great toys in Canada and a strictly American company that makes many of the old wooden toys from when we were little. So we try to buy only from those two companies. We feel like the items from China have too much lead in the paint especially the red paint. So we are trying to be careful with toys, but we missed the boat on Easter candy. I just wanted to share this with you so you can start checking labels, too.

We have had a rain/snow mixture all day today except for about 10 minutes this afternoon when the sun tried to come out. The north wind was the problem. It was terrible. There was a track meet across the street and we felt so sorry for those kids. They were wet and cold and there was no place to get warm. It lasted until dark, so I bet those people were really happy to get on the bus or in their cars and go home.

Hannah has had a virus this whole week so we were kept away. My how we have missed that little girl. They are projecting that she will be well by Friday so we can babysit both of them Friday and Saturday. We will be so happy to see Hannah and I'll make you a bet she will be happy to see us. Zoey knows our faces but doesn't understand we are her grandparents. Not yet anyway.

Hope you are having nice weather. Maybe the moisture will make the green start showing in the grass. The trees are still dormant so we will have to wait a while for them to bloom. Same for flowers.

Enjoy your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment