Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day-May 10, 2015

This is what greeted us when we woke up this morning, on this wonderful Mother's Day.

Yep, snow. The original prediction was 8-10 inches. How very
happy we were that was incorrect. There was so much rain mixed
with it I could not even guess how much snow fell. Our high today
was a balmy 46 degrees. Not balmy at all. Wind out of the north at 25-30 mph.
The low tonight should be 26 degrees. I doubt they will miss that one.
They calendar says May but the weather has not caught up with the calendar.
 
 
It has rained for a week. Add that to the spring run off and you get lots of water. If you have followed this blog for any length of time you know what that means: flooding.
This is at least the 3rd time I have posted flooding on the Cache la Poudre River.
It should reach flood stage tonight.
 
This horse pasture is a river right now.
Without knowing where the river normally is makes it hard to know how much water this is.
Trust me, it's a lot of water.
 
Derrick, the girls and the two of us went to a Mother's Day brunch in downtown Greeley. Hannah and Zoey were so good. The brunch was excellent. We had a wonderful time.
 
Hannah holding the flowers given to me by the restaurant.
The owner thanked us for spending my Mother's day with them.
We are trying to figure out who told Hannah not to smile when a picture
is taken. We hope she outgrows this stage.
 
I have to share one more picture. We kept both girls yesterday. Zoey could not resist a nap in Jerry's special chair. Hannah used to sleep in his chair, too.
 
Doesn't she look sweet and innocent? She actually is a sweet baby.
 
And while Zoey slept, Hannah had a tea party.
We are working on how to set a table. So she lined up all the plates and utensils so each
mew-mew could be served. Not sure why Jerry's phone takes yellow pictures.
Obviously, we are not iPhone experts.
 
All in all this was an excellent day in spite of the snow and flooding. It was a real treat to have Derrick and girls share the day with me. I hope all mothers had as good a day as I did. I am blessed and I am oh so grateful.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment