Monday, September 7, 2015

Overnighter-September 7, 2015

Hannah spent the night with us last night. We had not planned on that but we were happy to have her. We went out for a quick bite and then checked out a new park. We are soon going to be park experts in this area. This particular park was fantastic, the best we have found so far. It was huge and it has a lake which we didn't need but it was still pretty. Hannah connected with a little girl named Capri who appeared to be a couple of years older. She was with her dad who was very nice. Hannah and Capri decided to play hide and seek. That meant wildly racing up and down ladders and slides and over a swinging bridge. I was exhausted following them around.

This one also had that padded foam floor which seems so much safer.
Even I love to walk on it.
 
As usual we had a tough time getting her to go to sleep. She just wants to keep playing. Finally she went to sleep but we didn't. It makes us nervous that she will forget she is not in her own bed and fall out of ours or that she will wake up and forget she is in our house and get frightened. Maybe we are being silly, but we just can't relax. She woke up this morning and I made pancakes. She loves to stand on a step stool and watch them cook. I dread the day she asks to flip them.
 
After that, while I cleaned the kitchen, she and Jerry played in the "rain" in her bedroom. She made him put a blanket on his head so he wouldn't get wet. It was so funny. I couldn't figure out how to take a picture without interrupting the fun. Later she decided her mew-mews needed a bath. So, she put them in the sink in her kitchen and scrubbed them. Then Jerry had to dry them. So when my turn came I decided to build a cat dryer/fluffer. Hannah did not get it at first but loved it when I showed her how it worked. I am not an engineer but I did get something built.
 
 
Here's Shadow emerging all dry and fluffy. Then Blackie threw
mud balls at him and we had to do it all over again. Hannah's
imagination is something else. We just go along with it.
 
We took her home this afternoon, came home and crashed. Oh my we are so tired. But we'll be fine tomorrow.
 
This is how we spent our Labor Day. I hope you had a good one.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment