Saturday, March 11, 2017

Black Hawk-March 11, 2017

BE SURE TO SET YOUR CLOCKS FORWARD ONE HOUR TONIGHT.
 
 
We were able to get away for a short while this week for a return trip to Black Hawk. It is such a nice place though small and it has the cleanest air anywhere around here. It was windier there than it was here, but we didn't mind.
 
I don't know why but I really like this spot in the trip. It seems to me
that you can go around the curve ahead and drop into a hole. Or at
least you don't know where the road goes.
 
 
That's a mountain wave cloud coming over the Rockies
and it is causing tons of blowing snow. This is interesting to see
but I surely would not want to be up there.
 
 
This bronze eagle is massive and very regal. Now that I think it over
 it should be a black hawk, right? But I think those are the legs and
claws of an eagle. I'll study it better the next time we are there.
Whatever it is, it is really pretty.
 
 
The Monarch always has a display of orchids. Every time they
are different. I thought this was a clever display for St Patrick's
Day with the shamrocks. The green orchids were very pretty
with or without shamrocks.
 
We had a fabulous time and look forward to going again. We had the best tiramisu at the buffet that we have had in many years. It was delightful.
 
AGAIN-BE SURE TO SET YOUR CLOCKS FORWARD TONIGHT
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment