Sunday, July 30, 2017

Black Hawk-July 30, 2017

About 10 days ago we made a spur of the moment to Black Hawk. We're always in a hurry when we go there so I never get to take all the pictures I want to take. I will share a couple now. We will go back the first of next week and I will take time to take some decent pictures, hopefully.


As usual the Monarch had changed out the orchid display. I prefer
the vivid colors but I love all orchids. I do not have the green thumb
for growing them. I have tried and failed. Actually I can kill a cactus, too.
 
 
It was raining and we were going pretty fast down the mountain
but still I enjoyed seeing Clear Creek this full. Normally I see it nearly
empty or frozen. It was full enough to have fishermen lining the banks.
 
Maybe the pictures from the trip next week will be better. It is a nice part of this state and I want others to see that. For the record, Clear Creek is where Coors gets the "pure mountain water" to make their beer. Wouldn't it be dreadful to find out they used tap water?!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment