Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Family wedding-July 11, 2017

We went to a family wedding on Sunday afternoon. It was west of Lyons, CO. We have not been to Lyons in many years. It was startling. The number of marijuana dispensaries caught us off guard. And the huge crowds of people walking the streets was something we don't see often. Most of them wore minimal clothing and had full body tattoos. I am not judging. I'm just saying we have not seen anything like that in Colorado in recent years. After we got through the crowds, we went up a mountain west of town. It was a single lane dirt road all the way to the top. Dreadful road. But the view from the top was nice.

On our way there I kept my eye on a storm that was developing just north of our location. I kept saying I hoped it skipped us.

The developing storm. It did have lightning in it.
 
The outer edge of the storm did reach the mountain we were on so the wedding was delayed 15 minutes. Then the wind started howling and it blew so loud during the ceremony we could not hear a single word that was said. It was dark, too, so I couldn't take pictures. Of course my pictures didn't matter anyway. The storm passed while we were eating and it was so hot outside you could not breathe. So everybody stayed in and danced. I held Daisy until she fell asleep. That was the extent of my dancing!
 
When we were leaving I just had to take a couple of pictures of the surrounding scenery. It really was pretty.
 
 
Do you see the two houses built on the cliff? No way I would live like that!
 
The tall structures in the distant background are the Coors brewery in Golden.
And beyond that is Denver.
 
Last but not least, my favorite.
I never cease to love the unique beauty of sunsets.
 
Nice wedding. Beautiful scenery. Long but enjoyable day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment