Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Unusual cloud-Dec 6, 2017

 
Any of you who have followed this blog for a while know how I love clouds, rainbows and sunsets. 
This is the most unusual cloud I have ever seen in my life. It is a lenticular cloud but it has rainbow colors in it. A lenticular rainbow? So odd.
 
I wish I could enlarge this more so you could see the colors in the cloud better. We were on I-70 west of Denver where traffic is as wild as any place we have ever driven, well except for Dallas. I had to grab my phone and snap this before it was lost for good. Every color in the rainbow was reflected in this cloud. I so wish it had shown up better. It was not even possible to pull off the side of the road to take a picture. So, trust me, this is a real rarity. And, yes, we live in the land of the bugs, too. Those dots on the windshield are bugs that lost the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment