Sunday, June 5, 2011

Arrived in Asheville, NC-June 5, 2011

So far Asheville seems to be a pretty place also, but it does not have the feel of Sevierville, TN, yet. Maybe later. For a reason I cannot explain I let Jerry talk me into a short cut from our previous park to I-40. Never again. It had so many twists and turns we were honking our horn at our own tail lights. Unbelievable. It was about the same size road as I drove through the mountains all day yesterday. However I was driving the CRV (Cute Red Vehicle) and today he was driving our "land barge", a name given to our coach by our Decatur friends. Quite a BIG difference. This is not an articulating bus. I have not looked in the mirror yet. My hair may have turned white! We were so happy to get to this park and find we have been assigned a spot under a gigantic tree. We just stood outside and stared at it. So few parks have trees as they can cause hazards to coaches and coaches can hit trees. There's a wonderfully cool breeze blowing. We would be completely speechless if it stays this way. However, there is a downside. Our DirecTV cannot find a satellite so now we have to go to a Wally World somewhere and buy a coax cable so we can connect to the park's cable. We left a kazillion of them in our storage unit in Orange Beach. The choice seems to be a tree for shade or DirecTV. We want the shade, so off we go. Not sure yet what or where we will go tomorrow, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment