Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rain and ducks-June 15, 2011

The predicted rain arrived today. We had a couple of really bad wind gusts before they ran a crawler on TV warning of a thunderstorm in Waynesville. Jonathan Creek in front of us is now muddy. It was so pretty and clear before. It will be clear again. I was watching out the front window when a blue 35 gallon garbage can floated down the creek. It did not fill with water and sink. Then came about 8 or 9 mallard ducks. They were spinning in circles and bobbing like bouys. I have never seen ducks doing that. I bet they were paddling like crazy underneath. Somehow they flapped their wings and jumped up on the bank. Then they started eating like someone had put a royal banquet in front of them. Bless their hearts. There is a rule against washing motorhomes or cars in this park. Most allow it for a fee. A few allow it free. Not to be outdone by a silly rule, I grabbed an umbrella and a sponge full of Dawn dishwashing detergent. I soaped the entire front of the coach, all that I could reach. I think I managed to get all the bugs off. I do not care if anybody saw me. I was not using water that cost money. God sent it for free. And now I thank Him we have the bugs off the front of our land barge! Sometimes we just have to put our brains in gear to come up with solutions. This was one of those times. We will sleep well tonight because the rain on the roof is hypnotic and very relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment