Saturday, September 24, 2011

Salt Lake City, UT-September 24, 2011

We are so happy to be out of Idaho. However, we had no idea we would go from great autumn weather to pretty intense summer heat in such a short time frame. We are hoping that the nights cool off a lot. We'll know shortly. I said today that if I closed my eyes and somebody described for me what the scenery we saw today looked like I would not have pictured what we saw. It was so diverse, so different and almost odd compared to the beauty we have seen on this trip. I got a quick glimpse of the Great Salt Lake on our way in. I am sure I am the only person alive who has not see that lake. So, I am thrilled to be here. We will take in the usual tourist sites and then we will do our own thing. In Montana the aspen trees were just starting to turn gold. In Idaho the trees were red. There are not many trees here, only humongous power lines. They are everywhere. There are far fewer visible rivers. Montana is just full of rivers. Of course I guess that huge lake makes up for the lack of rivers. We have gone from wide open spaces to being crunched in on all sides by houses. There are houses, big ones, in every available spot of land, all the way up the mountains as high as they can go. Of course mountains here are very different from Montana also. They are very short and round. Mountains elsewhere are more pointed which means they are newer.  I guess I have to face it, it's just a different part of the world. The traffic is insane, too. Maybe I'm going to end up being a wide open spaces kind of girl. We did meet a very nice couple today and we exchanged email addresses. That's a first for us. They are going to Las Vegas and then to winter in Tuscon. She told us about the park and invited us to check it out. You just never know about us. We might do it. And we might not. Nothing is carved in stone for us. That's one of the great parts about this lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment