Thursday, September 1, 2011

Unique card-September 1, 2011

September already? Before I tell you about the card, I want to share that Colorado just had its hottest August on record. The average daily high temp was 77°. That's really tough, isn't it? The rest of the country is baking and it was hot here at 77°. We were glad we were here for all that heat! Ok, the card. I will be the first to admit that when you are traveling around in your home on wheels and towing your only car behind you, "together" time becomes constant. So, shopping for a surprise for the other person is difficult at best. So, on my birthday, I was actually surprised to receive a card from Jerry. I did not pay attention to the fact it was in a red envelope. When I opened it, I did notice the print was in red and green and there were polar bears on it.  But what caught my eye was a piece of masking tape across part of the card. On the tape was written Happy Birthday. The sentiment was sweet and appropriate for a birthday. When I peeled the tape back the words said Merry Christmas. By this time I was completely overcome with laughter. Jerry had bought a Christmas card that he was not able to give me on time, so being faced with the inability to go shopping, he used that card. It was a riot. The best part of any day is laughter, so I got my fair share that day. I will give him an A+ for creativity. And it is a card I will keep in spite of the fact he asked for it back so he can give it to me this Christmas. Funny boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment