Thursday, October 17, 2013

Checking in-October 17, 2013

My, my it is cold here. It is supposed to snow tonight, maybe only an inch, with a little snow more snow in the morning. But as is typical with Colorado weather it should be clear for us to leave on Monday. It made it to the mid 50s yesterday so we bundled Hannah up and went shopping. She's actually pretty good in stores. She liked the bright colored winter jackets and wanted to touch them. Every store that had music she bounced up and down and waved her arms. She loves music. I hope that's a good sign. I will confess that if you had told me two years ago, or even a year ago, that I would know the characters on the shows on Nick Jr channel, I would have said you were nuts. But low and behold, I do. I know songs for each show, too. Hannah knows the music but is not singing the words. My personal favorites are Peppa Pig and Bubble Guppies. How I wish all of this had been available to Derrick when he was growing up. All we had then was Sesame Street and it bored him silly. I am so glad Hannah is not stuck watching Sesame Street. On dark dreary upcoming winter days I might have to watch Peppa Pig to brighten my day. We are still kicking and having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment