Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A lady and her tractor-July 2, 2014

Where has this year gone?

When I realized that Hannah was such a rough and tumble little girl, I took it upon myself to try to teach her to be a genteel little lady as all girls are raised in the South. I'm working on please, thank you and excuse me. I do not like her hair hanging in her eyes. I want it fixed in some manner. Today I realized how miserably I am failing.


Here's our little lady with her John Deere tractor toy.
I was not pleased that I remembered we gave the toy to her for Christmas.
It was originally to remind her of her granddaddy's lifetime job of farming.
But now it is one of her favorite toys. I really am failing.
 
Today was so hazy we felt like we were living in a cloudy bowl. Even the fairly strong winds would not clear the haze out of here. It's still hanging around. We're not sure what it is because it is not smoke and it's definitely not cloudy. No fog, just an unpleasant haze. Tomorrow will be better I'm sure.
 
Little Zoey went to the doctor today. She weighs 9 pounds, 8.2 ounces. She's a month old. She is short but her weight is good. However, she must have oxygen at night for at least two more months. I suspect the doctor is covering his bases legally, but I guess that's acceptable. All in all, the report on her was good. I can't get over the blue eyes. Surely they will change down the road.
 
I think we will stick close to home tomorrow. We know the traffic will be horrendous and if we don't have a reason to be out in it, we'll stay here. If you are out and about this weekend, be safe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment