Saturday, June 13, 2015

Weiner Dog Races-June 13, 2015

While traveling on the roads around here are concerning to all of us since we have a gunman on the loose (killed two so far, severely injured one and hit and missed at least a dozen other cars), we decided to brave it and head to the Weiner Dog races. It was hot and both girls got very tired, so we could not stay long. I only got a few pictures. Wish I could have gotten more because some of those dogs were in costumes befitting Halloween.

You have to look closely to see that the dog on the right has rockets
on its back, with flames shooting out the back. They put the helmet
on in front of us. I could not resist asking if that was needed because
of the speed caused by the rockets? The dog on the left is getting a
headband put on and she is named Wonder Weiner. These were two
of the more sensible dogs who came to the race.
 
 
There were dogs everywhere. Not all were Weiner dogs either. I think some people were trying to pass long bodied Chihuahuas off as Weiners. Not sure how they handled that. Since it was all in fun I guess the probably let them race.
 
It was a nice little race track.
 
I think the first race was the only race where all the dogs ran
to the finish line. During one race a little girl was running along
side the track while she called her dog's name. They disqualified
both dog and girl. I mean you have to have rules and boundaries.
 
It ended up being a fun outing for all. Now the storms have rolled in again. There seems to be no end to the thunderstorms. We are so thankful the Cute Red Vehicle has a garage to stay in for safety.
 
Tomorrow is Flag Day. Does anybody even recognize that anymore? My Daddy absolutely loved our flag and therefore, so do I. I want it to be respected and recognized. I guess that's gone out the window, too. I know some schools have had to remove the American flag because it is offensive to some. How sad and heartbreaking.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment