Monday, April 16, 2018

Sign of Spring-April 16, 2018

Time is completely getting away from me. I am not current on emails. I am not current on reading a book I have had for a year. And obviously I am not current on posting this blog. So sorry. We are working very hard at going through tubs and boxes we have had in the garage for a year since we emptied our storage unit. First step was to go through and put a label on everything. Then we started going through every container one by one. What I want to keep must fit in somewhere. That involves cleaning out closets, too. This is much more work than we anticipated but oh how good it will feel when it is done and we are down to just things we need or use currently. In between we are still babysitting. We had all three girls on Saturday night. Two of them were sick. Oh my goodness how terrible that night was. They are starting to get well. We are trying not to give in and get sick.

Today before we went for our walk I looked in the backyard much to the unhappiness of the dog next door and look what I found.

Our first sign of Spring! They are hearty little tulips and easily survive
the freezing nights. The grass is trying to green up also.
 
While we were walking we saw a Robin. So Spring must be on the way, finally. Last weekend was like winter with wind chill temps way below freezing. It is predicted to snow this Saturday. But today was nice enough to get outside. That's Springtime in the Rockies and it is what makes people sick.
 
Hannah's soccer game has been cancelled the past two Saturdays and will probably be cancelled this weekend also. It will be a trifecta of nasty Saturdays. Bless her heart.
 
The one good thing about cleaning out the garage is that it does not matter what the weather is outside. At least I think that's a good thing! Ok, back to work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment