Sunday, November 25, 2018

English tea and dance-November 25, 2018

 

I forgot to post this fun thing. Hannah and Zoey take music classes that are very different from anything we have ever heard of. For 6 weeks they study the music of various countries. They learn dances to go with the music. November was English music and dance.
 
Here is the last performance for English music and dance. I am not
sure how the streamers fit in. Yet, it was cute to watch them. They sang
and danced. The teachers told stories about various kings.
 
Afterward there was a formal tea. We were each asked to bring snacks appropriate to the country they had studied. So I made English tea biscuits. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to make. It took me over 4 hours to cook and assemble those things. But I wanted to play by the rules. I was the only one with a homemade treat. Not sure I will go to that extreme in the future. They had china dishes and hot tea. Hannah had never had it and had not been shown how to hold the cup. That was fun to share with her. She loved it. For the record, the tea biscuits were actually delicious. I did get several compliments from other parents. Derrick asked if I would make some more for them. I'm thinking.............

No comments:

Post a Comment