Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Veteran's Day-November 14, 2018

I hope you have seen the missing man table that Chick-Fil-A sets every year for Veteran's Day. The first time I saw it I cried. I could not believe I was standing there with tears running down my face. It was so emotional and so beautiful This year, in addition to the missing man table, our local Chick-Fil-A had a bowl of little plastic toy soldiers. The note asked everybody to take one in remembrance of a soldier. I took one in memory of my wonderful and deeply missed Daddy. He served in Italy and North Africa. He humbly was awarded a Bronze Star which he never talked about. I spent months trying to find out the reason for the Bronze Star. To my disappointment the records for Daddy's unit were destroyed in a huge fire. So he took the secret about the star to his grave with him.


See, it's just a plastic toy soldier. But it does
remind me of my Daddy and how much I miss him.
It is going to stay on our mantel resting on a piece of petrified
wood we bought at the Petrified Forest.
 
I really appreciate Chick-Fil-A doing this every year. It's a wonderful tribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment