Friday, March 22, 2019

Deadwood-March 22, 2019

Prayers get answered. They brought Zoey by the house to surprise me this afternoon. She was released earlier this morning. She and I were so very happy to hug each other. She's my girl. She looked great but has lost a lot of weight which she did not need to lose. She is on medication for a while and has been warned not to even be in the same room with a sick person. I will keep her clean while she is with us. She asked to go shoe shopping tomorrow so we will definitely do that. And I will keep the germs off of her.

As usual we had a wonderful time in Deadwood. Zoey went in the hospital the day we got to Deadwood. We might assume that is why they did not tell us until we got back here. Maybe they were wise to do that.

The huge blizzard had just blown through Wyoming and South Dakota. We thought we had a ton of snow in Colorado. It looked like a dusting compared to those states. The further we drove the more our jaws dropped. I will just post the pictures in no particular order.

A fun sign welcoming everybody to Deadwood.
 
This is Laramie Peak in Laramie, Wyoming. At 10,275 feet it is
the tallest peak in the Laramie Range of Wyoming. It's a cute
little mountain.
 
 As promised here is the bald eagle we see on almost every trip.
She is just west of Lost Springs, Wyoming. I did not get too close
as I did not want to cause this beautiful bird to take flight. This
is a really big eagle. The size is what tells us she is a she. Check
out the volume of snow.
 
This rock is right outside of New Castle, Wyoming (home of Dana
Perino). I have no idea what it means but one day I will find out.
I just think it is very odd. I know it is at least two types of sandstone.
 

The next spot was Lusk, Wyoming. I was so shocked by the amount of snow I was not able to take a single picture because I was gasping through the entire little town. In order for people to drive through the city they pushed the snow everywhere they could. There were piles in parking lots everywhere. Piles that were 6 and 7 feet tall. It was unbelievable. That much snow is not going to melt so they will haul it out in dump trucks.
 
South Dakota is next. I have so many pictures of the snow there I will post in a later blog.
 
But, I will share this one:
Doesn't this look like fun? This time of year
snowmobilers have the right of way. Maybe we
should not have sold our snowmobile years ago.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment