Monday, March 11, 2019

Town Hall-March 11, 2019

Without getting too political I wanted to share with you what I was able to experience last Thursday. I checked how my Representative Rep. Dusty Johnson voted on supporting President Trump's emergency declaration and I didn't like it so I sent him an email. I thought he was ignoring me because I didn't hear from him for a while and I was none too happy. Then on Thursday evening I got a phone call from him, a personal phone call, not a prerecorded one. He asked if I would take part in a telephone Town Hall meeting. I said yes. So his secretary (or whatever her title is) called back and connected me to the Town Hall. A large number of people were already on the line and the meeting was already underway. I do not know how many people were on the call. Dusty was in his office in DC. He knew who was on the call and who to call on for questions. It was like he was in the room with all of us. Everyone was allowed to say what they wanted to say and I can tell you that no one was afraid to speak their minds. He was able to explain his vote. He gave a detailed explanation of what funds are available for the wall without a Congressional vote. And he discussed many other things going on. It was so interesting I think I was actually holding my breath during most of the call.
 
I was most honored to be invited to take part in such a minor political event. And I honestly felt like I had a voice and I was worthy of speaking my mind.
 
If you ever get the chance to participate in a telephone Town Hall, be sure to accept it. It's well worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment