Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ok, my confession! -July 17, 2011

First I must explain. When we get ready to leave a park, we have a set routine. Jerry does everything that has to be done outside while I am putting things away and closing doors inside. Then I go out and put the Cute Red Vehicle through its routine. It has a particular list of things that have to be done in order to keep from harming the transmission. The last step is to leave it in neutral and turn the key to the first position. While I am doing that, Jerry connects it to the coach. Then he attaches the Brake Assist device to the brake pedal and connects it. That's required by law. We have easily settled into this routine. It is not hard in any way. Ok, so when we left Milton, we went through the routine, but................Jerry chose not to connect the Brake Assist since we were so close and I made a boo-boo, too. (Moi?? Say it ain't so).
We got here and when we went to walk into the office I looked back and saw our lights were on. So, I asked him why? He went to the car and guess what he found? I had put it in neutral but had not turned the key to the first position. Oh my. So, the car was running, in neutral, from Milton to Elberta. We even stopped for gas and never noticed it. We also turned on the rear microphone to check the sound and heard nothing different. Now I ask how on earth I could have done that?? Don't know. If Jerry had connected the Brake Assist, he would have caught it. But he didn't, therefore it's his fault!!! There are actually two good things that happened by leaving the car running in neutral. (1) It did no harm to the car and (2) it got 90 miles per gallon! Can't beat that, can you??

No comments:

Post a Comment