Monday, July 11, 2011

Rain and black crabs-July 11, 2011

We were at the mall today when another of those toad strangler rain storms hit. It was not even possible to see across the street. While we were having lunch, about 25-30 teenagers came in together. They moved through the mall as a group as far as I could see. I told Jerry I surely hoped they were not a rob mob. I'd prefer a flash mob, but that did not happen while we were there. And usually flash mobs are mainly adults. How sad to think something so bad, but times have changed drastically in the retail business. When we got home it was dry as a bone here. And apparently all of the relatives of the little black crab we encountered the other day decided to come out of hiding. There were dozens and dozens of them running everywhere. They are coming out of the canal and marsh land we are overlooking. They obviously do not have a preditor to keep them in check. Just like sand crabs they run very, very fast. But because they are so black, they are not as friendly looking as sand crabs. We left them alone so they can entertain the next visitor who parks here. I double checked my pomegranate tree when we brought it in as I do not wish to transport one of those black crabs across state lines. Not sure if it's legal! We also managed to get the oil changed in the Cute Red Vehicle today. It was free and took only 15 minutes. Wow, I am pleased with Pensacola Honda.....so far. We are moving to Lake Osprey RV Resort tomorrow. It is supposed to be really nice. You know I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment