Monday, October 10, 2011

Ethel M-October 10, 2011

A 25 year old dream came true today. We went through Ethel M's Chocolate Company. One of their representatives came to me years ago while I was up to my eyeballs with Cheryl's Chocolates. They wanted us to work together. I knew it would overwhelm me so I declined, but since that day I have wanted to see their facility. Today we went there. Ethel M's last name is Mars as in M&M Mars. The difference is that Ethel M's candy has no preservatives, something near and dear to my heart and sweet tooth. Nothing in the kitchen surprised me. Nothing in the retail store surprised me. What did surprise me is Ethel's husband's love of cacti. There is a cactus garden outside the plant. It was really something to see. First of all, I do not know the names of very many cacti so I learned quite a few new names. Secondly, I did not know those prickly things could be so big! The garden was beautiful. The weather today was unbelievable. It was 75°, light breeze and slightly overcast. It made for a great walk in the garden. So how is the candy? We're speechless. You can tell it's pure chocolate. Too bad they don't sell this yummy stuff around the country. You can only get it in Las Vegas and only about 3 months of the year can it survive the trip home. What a delightful day! Sorry, I must close. The pretty brown box is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment