Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lunch in Kingman-October 27, 2011

You know lunch had to be good and/or fun to put it in a blog. It was both. The restaurant was recommended to us so today we made it a point to stop at the Bar Steakhouse on Route 66 (aka Andy Devine Blvd). It almost felt like we had entered a really nice barn. There was sawdust on the floor. All around the ceiling were plaques with different cattle brands and who they belonged to. That was very interesting. Our waitress was fun and the food was good. There was a large board on one white wall that said "Don't squat with your spurs on"! I think I will be able to remember that for future reference but I hope I am never in that position. Pardon the pun. There was a room devoted to Andy Devine who lived in Kingman for most of his life. That tells my age if I know who Andy Devine is. I did not know his character's name (Jingles) and I did not remember whose side kick he was (Wild Bill Hickock). And truthfully it did strain my brain to think about all of this. We all need a challenge. We also went to mail a package to Alabama. We went to one of those private postal places because we needed a box. We had a blast in that place. The two ladies working in there were like stand up comics. They thrived on each other's humor. What fun! It warmed up nicely today to a wonderful 65° with pretty sunshine. What a great day! Oh, I must share that Derrick skyped tonight from China. When technology works correctly it is wonderful. What a treat to think neither of us is at home but we talked like it was local.  He's only 8000+ miles away. We could clearly see each other. What a delight! He leaves tomorrow which is Saturday there and gets back home on Saturday. He is gaining back the day he lost flying over there. I'll feel better when his feet are back on solid ground. Prayers for safe travel for all of us will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment