Saturday, October 15, 2011

Work day-October 15, 2011

We decided today would be house work day. Jerry washed the coach on the outside. The hard water here made that a really tough job. I cleaned inside and washed clothes. Oh, yippee. What a lovely day. I did forget to tell you what we saw yesterday. We were stopped at a traffic light next to where we needed to enter a parking garage in downtown LV. A very thin not too clean young man walked across in front of our car. We both looked at him without speaking. He crossed the street, bent over a public trash can, reached in and pulled out a partially filled water bottle. He took the cap off, drank the water (or whatever it was), put the cap back on and threw the empty bottle back in the trash can. We were so shocked we were speechless. I have never, ever in my entire life seen anything like that. If he lives that way because he's down on his luck, I am sure he could find someone to give him clean water. If he lives that way by choice, shame on him. That water bottle could have had anything in the world in it and it may have. No telling what kind of bacteria was on that bottle. I cannot shake that image. It really got to me. Trust me, if I cannot shake that image while my son is in flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong for vacation, then it is really stuck in my mind. That's a long way away for a vacation. While we are on perpetual vacation, at least we are still in this country! Tomorrow is Sunday. I wish everyone a peaceful and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment