Monday, December 26, 2011

After Christmas-December 26, 2011

I was surprised to log in tonight and discover I have a couple of blogs missing. There is no way I can recreate them, so I'll just pick up from here. When we arrived in Kinder, they were 20 inches below normal on their rainfall for the year. Now they are less than 15 inches behind. We woke up this morning and looked out to see if we had floated into the lake. Oh my goodness, it rained. The weatherman says the sun will come out tomorrow (good song title, huh?). We'll move on down the road toward the east and warn the office staff when we check in that we are sure the rain is following us. I'm not saying we are living under a dark cloud because we are happy and contented people, but it is starting to make us feel weird that everywhere we go it rains. I sure hope Rocky doesn't rust! In spite of the rain we hopped on the shuttle and went out for a late lunch at the Grande Cafe. It was very good. We are looking forward to our next stop as it is next door to the city that's in the running for the top culinary spot in the south per Southern Living Magazine. I shall be blogging about great food if nothing else. Are you making your list of New Year's resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment