Thursday, December 1, 2011

Busy day-December 1, 2011

I know you'd be disappointed if I did not ask where did November go? Like silly kids we got up at 4:30 AM to watch the deer outside our front window. Then we went back to bed only to be awakened an hour later by the wild turkeys. They were noisy. So, by the time we settled down again, we got a very late start on the day. Jerry cleaned outside while I cleaned inside. Then we took the Cute Red Vehicle to get it washed. It was not even possible to drive it safely after we went through all that road construction yesterday. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and we thought that might make the dirt turn to mud and then we would be driving blind. It looks nice now. Then on a whim we stopped at a local restaurant, Billy Gene's. It's right on the banks of the river. Our waitress, Bobbie, was an absolute riot. I ordered the chicken salad and she shook her head "no". She said "You don't really want that. It's not good". I asked if she was serious? She said "Of course, they don't pay me enough to lie!" So, I told her to choose for me. She did. I had a fabulous Cajun chicken salad. That is only part of our conversation. We laughed the whole time we were there. As we were leaving I handed her a very generous tip and told her to have a plate of chicken salad on us. Then we all laughed! That has been part of the fun of this trip, the unusual and unique people we have meet. And no doubt we will meet more. It's good to end the day with laughter. We are going to the Christmas celebration in Fredericksburg tomorrow, unless it is raining bullfrogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment