Tuesday, January 10, 2012

RAIN!! -January 10, 2012

Yes indeed it is raining. I hope it does not rain the whole two months we are here! I think it is supposed to stop tomorrow with cool weather moving in. Whatever, we'll deal with it. We got task one on a very long list completed today. I got my driver's license renewed. It expired at the end of December when we were in Breaux Bridge. Alabama has a grace period of 2 months but it is not honored by other states. So glad we never had to check that out. It took about 5 or 6 minutes and I was waited on my one of the nicest Baldwin County employees I've ever dealt with. Now I must try to explain this but you will need a big imagination. We went to the bank first this morning. A white car with Alabama flags drove up next to us at the bank. Assuming it was another customer, we proceeded with our transaction. Then this unbelievably loud music came on, coming from that white car. We looked over and there sat a person with an Alabama elephant mask on. (later we saw it was a woman). She stuck two red and white pom poms out the window and started jumping up and down in her seat and singing some kind of fight song. The people in the bank danced, too. We were so stunned we just sat there. When the song finished, she pulled the elephant mask off and drove away, tearing out of the bank parking lot like a bat out of you-know-where. She did not transact any bank business. I want to say only in Alabama would something like that happen, but those LSU and Saints fans are pretty rabid, too. It made our day to see this and realize it will be a very long time before we forget that sight. I mean you just don't park next to an elephant with pom poms!

No comments:

Post a Comment