Friday, October 26, 2012

Busy time-October 26, 2012

We are working very hard to get everything done but there's still so much to do. We were lucky enough to find time today to have lunch at Wolf Bay Lodge in Foley. It was fabulous. They have the best broccoli salad in the country, hands down. No joke. We may have finally settled in here. Jerry has started cleaning the outside of the coach. Yesterday we went to Freightliner in Pensacola to order a part. The minute I turned on Copter Street I recognized a very old and abandoned military base. We asked and sure enough it was Ellison Air Force Base during WWII. I am trying to get more information on it but it seems to be eluding me at the moment. As we drove up to Freightliner, I could clearly see we were driving on the old landing strips. How interesting. I did get to snap one quick picture today. These are very common sights in this part of the state.


The other side has an empty chair beside the sign.
 
Tomorrow is the German Sausage Festival here in Elberta. When we lived here we went to every one. It's a really happy time. It is supposed to cool down tomorrow, thank goodness, so we will head over that way in the morning. I'm going for my ususal red beans and rice. Not sure what Jerry will get yet. We always browse the booths but seldom buy anything for some reason. Good food. Good music. Good exercise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment