Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Grocery Store-February 6, 2013

If you read this blog you know that we enjoy checking out different grocery stores. We lean toward the smaller stores except when in Texas. We both think there's nothing better than H.E.B. stores in Texas and we miss them terribly. If I could live near an H.E.B. I'd never, ever step foot in another WalMart store as long as I lived. However, here it seems to be Food City stores. They are large and  inviting. So, in need of milk, we went into one today. Imagine our surprise to find out it is a Hispanic store. All employees are Hispanic but they speak great English and they are extra friendly and polite. But the products are different. The milk is from a nearby dairy so it did not travel from Mexico. One entire aisle was those candles in a glass. I know you know what I mean. Then we found the bakery. Wow, it was unbelievable. There was another lady there who was drooling so I asked her what she liked best? She said it was her first trip to the store. They provide trays and you reach in the huge display cases with tongs and put what you want on the trays. Then they box up your choices and put prices on the box. Then you go to the check out. I cannot begin to tell you what we picked out, but I can tell you it is delicious. One lady was frosting a birthday cake in the back. She was having way too much fun. One more thing before I wind up today.


Please look behind the cars and tell me what you think that building is.
Everything looks like this and all buildings are the same color. So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment