Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A few things-December 17, 2014

We still don't have everything moved into the condo. And I'm not sure when we will get it done.

We are trying to adjust to the cold, the gray skies and lack of sunshine. We'll get used to it eventually. We had forgotten how horrible the pollution is and it has been shocking to see the thickness of it every day. It's such an ugly brown color.

We also had forgotten that all bodies of water are frozen this time of year. We're not used to that either.

We had forgotten that you can tell the upcoming weather by the flight of the geese in the mornings. When the gigantic flocks of geese fly wildly and the sky is black with thousands of birds, a big front is moving in. Get ready.

We had become spoiled. While we had experienced some cold and rainy weather, we had not been in it non-stop for long periods of time. However, it is a small price to pay to be with Hannah.

Two odd things I found out:
1. UPS is going to have a gigantic price increase effective Jan 1st. They will not only charge by weight but also by size and shape of the box. When a UPS store owner says "prices are going up ALOT" then you know what to expect. If you have something to mail in early January, do it now and save $$.
2. Most credit card transactions at one of those little machines at the cash register no longer require a signature. And if you do have to sign it your signature is not normal looking. One day I remarked that I did not like that. Anybody who steals my card can walk back into the store, make a big purchase and be out of the store before I can notify the credit card company that my card is stolen. The cashier informed me that we can request a paper receipt when we use our credit cards and then sign it any time we want to. I do like that idea though I am not positive it would stop theft or fraud. It's nice to know we can sign a piece of paper and then we would know if the signature was ours or not.

Sometimes I think I am just too old to keep learning all of this stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment