Sunday, August 9, 2015

Hops-August 9, 2015

I have been meaning to give you and update on Derrick's hops. They are doing very well.

Obviously they don't all grow at the same rate.
 
The big one is 18 feet tall.
 
The hops actually look like little miniature bunches of grapes.
These will be harvested after the first freeze.
 
This is a labor intensive crop that neither Jerry or I would ever want to get involved with even if it is all the rage right now.
 
 
Please let me add one more picture that surprised us this afternoon.
This was a thunderstorm occurring far out on the Eastern plains.
 
 
We will have both girls all day tomorrow so I knew I would not have time to post on this blog. And we will need Tuesday to recover! They are a handful but still fun.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment