Monday, October 26, 2015

Busy day-October 25, 2015

We had another great day in the mountains with Jerry's sister. We found another excellent buffet. We do so much walking we don't mind partaking in a delicious buffet.

On I-70 west of Denver we saw our first snow of this season. It is a great reminder that snow here at lower elevations might not be too far off. I was in the back seat taking pictures out the windshield. It worked pretty well.

See the snow capped peaks above the trees and below the clouds.
 
Taken out the side window. That fresh white snow is so pretty.
 
Having lived in Loveland, a huge producer of bronze art, it
is hard to get excited over another piece of bronze. However, this one
caught my eye today. The name plate simply says "Black Hawk". The rest
is written in another language. What I don't know is if he was simply named
Black Hawk or if he was Chief of the Black Hawk tribe. I need to do my homework.
Honestly, this is one of the prettiest bronzes I have seen in a very long time. I'm
really not sure why this one spoke to me, but it definitely did.
 
 
I have been meaning to post this picture for a long time.
When we exit off of I-25 headed to Judy's house, this extraordinary building is
really close to the exit. When I first noticed it over 35 years ago, I think I remember
it belonged to AT&T. It has changed hands so many times I cannot remember all the names.
I do know it belonged to Avaya for a while. Now it is Digital Globe, or is it Globe Digital?
Either way I have always thought this looked like a huge satellite dish. But it isn't. It is
actually the glass entry to the building. It must be strong glass because it has been through
many hail storms over the years. Call me weird. I really like this building.
 
This is my attempt to show you how big that building really is.
All glass.
 
Tomorrow will be a full day of babysitting. We never know if that means we will get lots of pictures of the girls or if we will be too busy to take any at all. We'll see.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment