Saturday, October 3, 2015

The girls-October 3, 2015

While I find a few minutes to take pictures I cannot find time to post them on this blog as quickly as I would like to do. I am going to post several pictures taken over the last week or so. I'll put a few comments under the pictures. 

One day Zoey decided the game of the day was to run as fast as
she could and throw herself into the bean bag chair. She landed
perfectly and giggled. Then she came back to me still giggling,
turned around and ran back to the bean bag. She did that at least
a dozen times before she grew tired of that game.
 
It appears Hannah and Zoey are playing together
at the doll house. Not really. Hannah was having a
hissy fit that Zoey had the nerve to touch her doll house.
Zoey just waited on Hannah to calm down and then
took over the house all for herself. Zoey loves this
doll house as much as Hannah does. Thank you, James
and Gloria, for such a wonderful gift.
 
We all went to an Octoberfest together last night. It was terribly cold so the girls had to head home early. After they left I bought them some cute light sticks which Hannah calls magic wands. One end is lighted and the other end has foil colored streamers. Hannah held her so that the bright colors were forward. Zoey held hers by the light and used it like a pom pom. The squeals coming from both girls made those crazy things worth far more than they cost.
 
 
 
As the summer schedule winds down our schedules will also change. I think we are all ready for it. It's been a busy summer. Days spent in parks will change, too, because of the weather. It has been unusually hot and now we are paying for it. We have had some very loud and active thunderstorms starting last night. It just might usher in fall weather here at last. I told Derrick that I was sure I saw the animals lining up two by two and heading for the ark at the end of the street.
 
On another note unrelated to the girls, there was a regional marching band competition across the street today. It started promptly at 8:00 AM. Once again, it brought back such good memories for me. I see a majorette and I want to grab my baton and run across the street. Yes, I still have the baton and yes, I can still twirl it though probably quite a bit slower. I surely do hope I can teach Hannah to twirl in the future. Anyway, one band stood out way beyond the others. They're uniforms were absolutely outstanding and the cadence made me unable to sit still. We have no idea yet who won, but when it was over the parking lot vacated in record time.
 
This was the most outstanding band. They are from Saint Vrain Valley
High School. They were so well prepared for this competition.
 
 
Tomorrow is Sunday. I hope you have a very blessed day.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment