Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Trees-October 13, 2015

Years and years ago when I first moved here there was no such thing as a tree turning any color in the fall except yellow. I thought it was so boring but people went absolutely ape over the gold trees in the mountains. I was sad. The trees in the South turn the most beautiful colors including red, orange and purple which was not seen here.

Then something miraculous happened. Trees, one by one, over the years started taking on some red colors in the fall. Today I noticed some trees outside our condo and stopped and appreciated them. I wanted to share a picture which most of you will find boring because you see this every year. When you see purple and orange in your trees please understand those of us out west have not always had pretty colors.

This is such a nice sight to enjoy for a few days. I am grateful
for such beauty just outside our window.
 
I hope you have pretty trees to enjoy in your area. No doubt the trees in the South have not even thought about changing colors yet. Most people think it is the cooler weather that makes the leaves change colors. It is actually the lack of bright light because the days are getting shorter. This can be such a great time of year.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment