Saturday, October 10, 2015

Things-October 10, 2015

This will be one of those mixed up miscellaneous posts.

We were gone on Monday and Tuesday. We had the girls yesterday and today. So, time this week has been quite tight. That's not a complaint. Just a statement.

I did forget to tell you that while we were in Sturgis on Tuesday, we stopped at the local grocery store, Lynn's Dakotamart, to buy dill pickle potato chips. Yes, that's odd. We noticed that Lay's is making them now but nothing beats Old Dutch made in Minnesota. We went to the check out clerk with 6 bags. The lady started to look strangely at us so I told her this was contraband and we were taking it across state lines. She started laughing and said "So, I'll see you two on the news tonight?". I said "Yep". And we all laughed. Jerry said after we got outside that she probably just had her best laugh of the day. I hope so. We came back here and started sharing them. The discussion of dill pickle potato chips came about at the Octoberfest last Friday before we knew we were leaving for South Dakota. Good timing.

I also forgot to post one picture taken on our way to South Dakota at the Colorado/Wyoming border. It is the sign for the Terry Bison Ranch. It's one of the largest buffalo (bison) ranches in the country, if not the world. Thousands and thousands of acres of land covered with a kazillion grazing buffalo creatures. They have an interesting restaurant there and they serve, care to guess?, fresh buffalo. We've eaten there and found it quite delicious. It's leaner than beef.

Looks real, doesn't it. It's a metal sign. Nothing more.

On the way back from taking the girls home last night I saw the first nice sunset in a very long time. We have had smoke most of the summer and the last few weeks have been foggy and hazy. So, I took the opportunity to snap a quick picture.

You know how I love sunsets.
 
I also wanted to share with you a new way we found to teach Hannah about the human skeleton.
These are Cheetos and they are called a Bag of Bones.
They are white cheddar flavored.
Did we ever have fun with these. And they are very good.
 
Never a dull moment in this house!
 
Tomorrow is Sunday. Trust me, it will be a day of rest for us. I hope it is for you also.
Have a very blessed day.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment