Friday, August 19, 2011

Canning and curtains-August 19, 2011

I finally got started on those Harley Davidson curtains today. I think I have taken on a pretty big project. We have been canning like maniacs. It takes all 3 of us to complete the task. It all looks good. Can't wait to taste it. Tomorrow is the big party, the Cajun Boil. Everything is ready including two pies I made this afternoon. Thanks to the person who told me I could freeze juice from the fruit of our lime trees in our backyard on Ono. The trees never grew tall but they did produce nice Persian limes. So I made key lime pie this afternoon for tomorrow. Next week Jerry and I have pledged to take a couple of days off for some fun. We should make it to the mountains at least one day and hopefully to Denver a couple of times. There's a lot to do here but we have not had time to enjoy it. I'll share the adventures asap. We are both getting antsy to get on the road. We like to move around. It's great to spend time with Derrick, but we are ready to go to South Dakota and then come back here for Christmas. Wish I could bottle this weather and share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment