Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wonderful weather-August 10, 2011

It is hard to post a travel blog when you are parked in your son's driveway. However, we will be taking some side trips as soon as we get our "chores" done. I finally got some time today to go for a long walk. The weather is so gorgeous that it is hard to stay indoors and clean or do other things. I will be making Harley Davidson curtains starting tomorrow. But I might have to still go for a walk. I can smell a difference in the air. I had grown so used to the salt air that as soon as we got settled in I smelled the mountain air smell. And the water has a different smell, too. How interesting. The lack of moisture in the air is great fun now, but as soon as it dries out my hair and fingernails I will be less pleased. For now I love it. We will be watching Derrick make salsa tonight. He is so creative that we are sure they mixed up the babies at the hospital the night he was born. To sleep with cool, dry air coming in the window is indescribable. Hang in there and we'll be back on the road in 3 weeks or so. I'll post every once in a while until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment