Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Oh, no, not work-August 15, 2011

I never thought to pay attention to the freezer in our land barge. It is not frost free, so lucky me got to defrost today. It was just thrilling. It is a bit overcast today, thankfully, or I would have been unhappy to be inside. The two of us often sit outside in late afternoon and watch the clouds. (Retirement really is tough!). The sky is such a vivid blue and the clouds are snow white. Sometimes they look like dollops of whipped cream. Sometimes they look like wispy feathers. Then there are the lens shaped ones that are called lenticulars. They mean high winds aloft. Pilots don't like lenticulars. And sometimes the clouds are just plain lumpy. We can see thunder heads (the tops of thunder storms) building in the distance over eastern Colorado or even southeastern Wyoming. It's just fascinating.  And to imagine we can just sit and watch it. I am quoting a man named Dave Branon when I say that seeing the clouds overhead is seeing part of the "embroidery of the earth". Rolling plains, majestic mountains, river streams, fields of wheat are also part of that embroidery. I like his words. And I love the scenery. I hope each of you can take just a moment to find something pretty around you and then be thankful for it. Let me not forget that Derrick is planning to have a Cajun Boil on Saturday afternoon with about 20 of his closest friends and the two of us. Guess what we will be doing all day Friday and then on Saturday morning. Yippeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment